This roast chicken recipe is one of my favorites. My whole family loves it! The spices are so good and the best part is that it’s cooked in a slow cooker! I originally found this recipe on the site Real Food Allergy Free via Pinterest (of course I can’t find the pin now!). Below is the recipe but with my modifications. I took the Cayenne Pepper out because I’m a big wimp and can’t handle the heat. Also I found that the potatoes included in the original recipe didn’t cook all the way through so I cook them separately now..
Slow Cooker Roast Chicken
• 4 tsp Salt
• 2 tsp Paprika
• 1 tsp Onion Powder
• 1 tsp Thyme
• 1 tsp White Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1-2 Onions, chopped (optional)
1. Combine spices together in a bowl.
2. Rinse inside and outside of chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken.
4. Place onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and lay the chicken on top. You can put some onions inside the chicken as well.
5. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone. I cook mine exactly 5.5 hours and it’s perfect! (Please note: these times are just guidelines. It’s really important you check your chicken to make sure it’s completely done before eating it).
Tip: Use 4 or 5 crumpled pieces of tin foil on the bottom of your slow cooker to keep the chicken up and out of the juices.